Public Hearing on Charter Schools
Thursday, November 19, 2009
State Capitol, Room 437
Click here to view CalChannel video coverage of this hearing.
All written testimony submitted electronically is linked to the witnesses' names below.
Public Hearing: 9 a.m.
National Perspective: Improving Charter Schools and their Authorizers
School Authorizers: Improving Oversight and Accountability
- Steve Barr, Founder & Chairman, Green Dot Public Schools
- Charles Weis, Superintendent of Schools, Santa Clara County Office of Education
California School Board Association: Strengthening the Charter School System
- Josephine Lucey, Vice President of the Board, Cupertino Union School District
- Stephanie Medrano Farland, Senior Research and Policy Consultant, California School Boards Association
Charter Schools: Expanding Accountability and Replicating Success
- Jed Wallace, President & Chief Executive Officer, California Charter Schools Association
Public comment will be taken at the end of the hearing. The following individual has submitted written comments to the Commission:
Business Meeting Agenda
(The Commission will consider agenda items I-VI at approximately 12:30 p.m. The precise time will vary depending upon the testimony of witnesses and will be determined at the discretion of the chair.)
- Business Meeting Minutes from October 22, 2009
- Draft Report - Infrastructure Policy and Finance
- Schedule/Project Selection
- Subcommittee Reports
- Implementation Activity
- Reports from Bureau of State Audits